Your local Salem roofer will still be in town if something goes wrong with your roof; a storm chaser might not be.
When nasty storms roll through the area, they bring with them all sorts of unpleasant things. There will be debris, trees down, damaged property… and annoying, storm-chasing roofing contractors.
Here is what you need to know: these are not really trusted Salem roofers. Storm chasers are very rarely affiliated in any way with local, Salem roofing companies. Instead, they are sales people and canvassers, people who are not invested in the longevity or quality of your roof. They try to use your vulnerable moments as business opportunities. Aside from their opportunism, there are various reasons why you should choose a local roofing company to evaluate and repair any roof deficiencies.
- Supporting local roofers is a way to ensure you will have support later on. You will likely replace your roof only a few times; why wouldn’t you take the time to choose a company you can trust to be there for you? Storm chasing roofing companies will not be around later on to inspect your roof, answer your questions, or consult with you when issues arise. You would be much better off choosing a Salem roofing company, a company that has experience with the climate and the community, that will serve your roof and your area long after the clouds have cleared.
- There is good value in a warranty you can trust. Local Salem roofers can offer a “real life warranty,” whereas storm chasers care more about getting the initial job than continual service for the life of the roof. Storm chasers are all over the country, and while they may offer a limited warranty (typically 10 years), who is to say that they will make good on that promise? Local roofing companies take more pride in their reputation and will not only do a better job initially, but will also be more responsive to your questions and your needs.
- Local roofers are more honest–they have more reason to be. Storm chasers will say whatever they have to in order to get the business, and any money they can bleed out of your insurance policy. As mentioned, a Salem roofer would have their reputation at stake, and would never suggest a full roof replacement if proper repair is feasible (and cost-effective). Certainly, they are there for your business, but they are also there for you.
- Storm chasers will bring the pressure. These are roofers that are not reputable, and as they don’t have business flowing in naturally, they are forced to solicit aggressively, knocking on hundreds of doors to push a sale. A reputable local roofing contractor already has a steady stream of business, and will not use scare tactics to force you into making a decision before you feel prepared to do so.
- Why pay the highest dollar? Storm chasers are middle men who will sell you “local” labor at a premium price. They are driven by the pursuit of money and have no interest in your financial well-being or tailoring a roof repair/replacement plan to your budget and needs. Aside from giving you the best service, a Salem roofing company can also present you with the best value.
Persistent as they may be, a storm chaser will ultimately move on to the next door and forget about your concerns, because they never truly cared in the first place. Your trust is best placed in local roofers who are sincerely invested in the quality of their work and who are in it for the long haul. We can provide you with the quality and service you can only get from a local organization. If you are ready for an estimate from a Salem-based roofing company, give us a call.